It was a sunny, springlike day here so we took the kids for a walk on a trail not far from our place. We had lots of fun and enjoyed some good fresh air and exercise, which helped everyone conk out at bedtime. But there are always a few things to consider when taking your offspring hiking:
- You will spend more time off the path than on it. This is OK – the point is discovery, not distance.
- Everyone will need a stick.
- Everyone will get their pants wet.
- The biggest kid will be the first one to start complaining that he’s tired.
- Turn around while everyone is still happy. It’s always a long piggyback ride back to the car.
(See? Sticks are important.)